Saturday, December 04, 2004

ちょっと つまらない

Well things have quietened down over the last few weeks probably a good thing. Having said that i am starting to get pretty busy with work. My mind changes everyday how long i want to be here though. I defnitely dont want to live here for ever but time is rushing by so quickly im not sure if a year will be long enough.

Have just spent an hour in the bookstore talking to an american Japanese translator who has lived in tokyo for 15 years. It was really interesting getting the experienced gaijin perspective and he gave me some good tips for learning japanese such as reading childrens books, so i took it upon myself to buy the hobbit in Japanese. Maybe a wee bit ambitious but im very familiar with the story so thats a good starting point. I found reading the lord of the rings in french really useful when i was living in France, so hopefully the same thing will rub of again.

Now that the Christmas season is approaching do i feel christmassy? The answer is absolutely not. I have been surprised to see so many christmas decorations put up around Kumamoto but they are a hollow gimmick that puts me in the mood no more than rancid turkey.

Suffering a little bit from kumamotoitis as i have not been out of the city for the last few months and it is starting to feel a little claustorophobic. I cannot wait until the end of december when i finally get some time off and can finally venture outside kyushu.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home