Tuesday, July 27, 2004

hello again

Well its been another few interesting days in Japan....

A couple of nights ago I went to a bar with a friend, everything was cool and then she took a photo of the adjacent table as she knew someone on it. The next minute I know there is this incredibly angry man trying to start on my friend and spitting at our table. Through the mediation of his romanian wife we learn that he was very angry at having his picture taken. Thankfully she pacifies him and takes him out. I later learn that he is a japanese pimp and his wife is probably one of his hoes....

Other than that I have been meeting more foreigners out here all of whom seem very nice and pleasant. Its quite easy to get to know people fast. I seem to have bumped into loads of people in the main shopping arcade already. Teaching is going alright although I had my first kids lesson which was a bit of a disaster. The two kids were completely hyper and i couldnt control them. One even flashed his willy and I dont think the mother was too impressed  (they can observe everything.)

My cycling skills are gradually improving, which is pretty impressive considering I had previously hated it. But you cant avoid it over here and its very handy for getting out and about.

Have also been to the cinema which is the only thing I have discovered that is out and out more expensive than the uk, 1700 yen which is about 8.50 a tad pricey. Otherwise things like cds, videos and books are all the same. Transport is a wee bit more expensive but 100 times better.

cya!

1 Comments:

At 1:11 pm, Blogger ambrose said...

yo andy 8.50 for the kino sounds pretty standard to me!

have you seen thisfilm thats juist come out here, "last life in the universe", by a thai director?
wonder if thats come out there. its meant to be pretty good, might see it tonite"!

ps not really relevant but why ot check out my new blog, http://sausages4ever.blogspot.com/
any japanese exoticisms welcome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home