Sunday, July 25, 2004

Two Weeks in...

It has been over two weeks since my arrival in Japan, it has gone so fast but at the same time it feels like a lifetime ago that I was in England.  This week I have been mainly settling in and getting into the grove of things as they say. Teaching english has been pretty straightforward in terms of syllabus, but challenging in terms of application. Japanese students tend to be on the shy side and it is sometimes quite an effort getting them to talk, particularly if they are lower levels and I get looks of bemusement (wha? wha? me no undastan?)It seems as if it as much about getting them relaxed as teaching them anything. The nightlife out here has been "eventful" and "unpredictable" and generally a lot of fun. Still sampling many delights of japanese cuisine. Theyre obsessed with food over here, even more than the french.  Every other program on tv seems to be about food and you get the obligitory taster with the inevitable chorus of oishi! (tasty.) Right I must be off now as im going to a barbecue!

If you want an idea of some of the interesting people working here go to www.japanagogo.com

sayonara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home