Friday, July 16, 2004

A week in...

 
Now im a week into the Japanese experience my blood pressure, heart rate and general nerves have come back to normal and im really enjoyinng it out here.
 
The second two days of training were straight forward and easier to deal with than the first. I have also met a lot more people and have been introduced to some great places. There is this crazy tiny bar down a small alleyway which has what looks like about 20000 cds stacked up on the wall and you can choose whatever you want to listen to. They also do an all you can drink over two hours for about 12.50! I mistakingly however started talking about the war with regards to my grandfather. In japan you really dont mention the war, its ultimate taboo. Im also not allowed to talk about sex and drugs in my lessons.
 
I have also discovered this really cool cyber cafe which also has pool tables, darts, video games, and amaaaaazing massage chairs. Everything is charged at an hourly rate, i.e 2.50 which is good value for money. In fact it would seem rather fallacious to think of Japan as expensive... well in relative terms to Britain in anycase. Books, Cds and Beer is the same if not a bit Cds and Beer is the same if not a bit cheaper. Eating out can also be very cheap. Internal transport is pricey but you get what you pay for, which you don:t in britain.
 
Kumamoto seems to have a relaxed and a very youthful atmosphere (there are seven universities) Bizarreley all the night clubs and music seems to be mostly hip hop and there are even is a small community of african americans here. There are also a few younguns who americans here. There are also a few younguns who have been to south east asia, have tried pot and become all mellow and chilled!
 
I now have a mobile phone! Very exciting, the camera on it mobile phone! Very exciting, the camera on it is better than my actual camera! I also have a mobile email which I will be using a lot and which you can now email me directly. (N.B i may not give very long replies as im not sure of how much it costs for a long email, but please email me on it anyway as I dont have to pay to go to the chat room to recieve an emil.)
 
I am also thinking of selling japanese stuff so if you have any requests I will be able to do some research and get back to you; www.japanesecoolstuff.blogspot.com
sayonara!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home