Saturday, August 20, 2005

英国 に 帰れる

Just to counter the last post, misconceptions run both ways. Take for example the notion here that the englishman is frightfully polite and that alll guys are like gentleman. Maybe the japanese notion is a bit like that of the red dwarf episode when it lands in the world of hugh grants covered by bumbling well... i.....errr.....jolly..... gosh hughie clones. A visit it to Watford high street should refute this theory. Sadly england is now more wetherspoon warrior than gentle gent, throughout the land, hunter gathering bacardi and cokes for their sharonfolk. Im so glad they havent arrived in Japan yet, it would be like inviting a group of rabid incontinent monkeys to a stamp collecting convention.

Went fishing in Amakusa on Monday. I managed to catch my shoe and very nearly my foreskin, im quite the pro. After all the sun lazing on the boat my colour has gone from mighty white wholemeal to a deep tomato complexion, I look like a twat.

By the way you are probably wondering what on earth my plans are. I mentioned earlier on this blog that i would return around now. Actually things have changed course somewhat but I will be back without fail for christmas and wil be back for a while. I dont really want to elicit my plans here, but anyone who wants to know can ask! Dont think i have forgotten you all! I never thought a year could go so fast. So much has happened in my life since i came here and i can honestly say it has only been just now that i have been able to slow down some what, get some perspective and for the first time not feel like a f!!!!!d gaijin.

Funny thing happened the other day. I was doing a workshop with some high school kids and we were brainstorming family vocab. One person said "father", the next said "mother" and so on and then out of nowhere came "manager"! Nihon Inc. eat your heart out.

Thinking of starting an english swearing workshop. The japanese language is woefully short on swearwords and denies an outlet for letting off steam. My boss is foolish (baka) does not have the same cathartic feeling as my boss is an utter knobhead.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 pm, Blogger ambrose said...

hmmm "gentle giant"s?

dont think there have been many of them about. wetherspoon warrior is just following in a grand tradition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home